Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's in a Weekend?

Here's my weekend at a glance:
Friday morning - handed out gift boxes.
Friday afternoon - tutored Lydia and got groceries in town on my bike.
Friday night - hosted a young American woman for the evening - she loves coming to our house because it is peaceful and joyful and I am always grateful that my home can be a refuge for her as she works for an NGO.
Saturday morning - I wrote a few letters and started cooking chicken curry.
Saturday afternoon - actually kept relaxing - I wasn't up to much after having the flu for two days in the middle of this week. But a man did come over and share his testimony for two hours.
Saturday evening - the Sleidrechts came back from Kampala with three more guests for my house - a newly married couple, and a young lady. I prepared dinner for all of them. Then at 7 we had a bonfire and invited many people to join us for praise and worship. This week I led with the theme of peace. Peace with God, man, ourselves, and creation. Singing and prayer. It was very special around the campfire, especially when my new friend Peter, a Congolese refugee played some worship songs in French.
Sunday morning - I biked to the local PAG (Pentecostal Assemblies of God) church to have 45 minutes of English worship before biking to my church in Pamba. Church started at 10 and the place was packed because we decided to bring all of our mzungu (white) friends today. Amos, my house-mate, was preaching and communion was planned. I taught Sunday school to 88 kids, about The Lord's Supper, and then we all went back into church to participate in such a special meal. The church has never had Communion before and it was a true blessing. Church ended up going until 1:30 because of introducions and special presentations.
Sunday afternoon - Josh and Mandy hosted Stephanie and I over for a wonderful barbeque. They wanted to say "thank you" for teaching their children. How sweet!
Sunday evening - I started getting to know the newcomers in my home and my friend Lawrence came over to visit for a while.
Now life is back to normal. I will start teaching school in just a few hours and planning for tonight's Bible study with the Princesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment