Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Creativity and Retreat

A few months ago I received a special invitation to join the OneHope crew for a training on Creativity.  OneHope has created a lot of colourful resources and awesome Sunday school or elementary school Bible materials.  About 55 of us spent 4 days together on Lake Victoria - learning how to apply games and activities and team building to teaching God's Word.
 I was honored to receive a certificate!
 On the shores of Lake Victoria... so peaceful.
 This was my small group for two days... we had to create a story using assigned props.
This was our prop pile
 We had candles, coloured paper, toothpaste... and we shared about the wide and narrow path...
 Jesus is the only answer and a light unto our path!!
Then in early April I headed over to Kenya to join Resonate Global Mission in a very needed retreat.  It was a true time of fellowship, learning, worshipping, sharing, praying, and laughing together.
 The conversation was never boring at meal times.
 RGM staff from Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa were all present.
 A few of us had to check out my huge bathroom in my loft room.
 So peaceful to rest in God's nature.
 It was so cool to see hippos this close!!
 Do I dare get any closer?... NO!
 I didn't know they also like sunbathing... kind of rare in my opinion.
 Mwikali and I explored a Maasai Museum that was on site.
 Such cute vervets!
 Stunning bushbucks.
 Hippos were fed at 1pm... Daddy hippo chomped away greedily.
 Another team bonding experience was one hour on Lake Naivasha.  
What a glorious creator we serve!
 Two boats carried all the attendees.
Well, I'm signing off like a refreshed princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment