Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April's been Awesome!

On Mondays a nice variety of vegetables are brought to my favourite supermarket in Soroti.  If I go at 4 pm I can wrestle with many Indians, Mzungus and a few Ugandans for treats like broccoli, red and yellow peppers, radishes, lettuce, beets, cauliflower, and the like.  So, maybe three weeks ago a group of us were waiting in front of the supermarket, for the two sacks of vegetables to be delivered from the bus coming from Kampala.  While there I met an old friend I haven't seen in years.
Francis was one of the first former LRA child soldiers that I ever met and he happily told me how much his life has changed and how the village has transformed.  He also informed me that some Finnish friends I've known since 2009 were also in town... doing a follow-up on the programs with the former LRA.
 Heidi and Pertti have faithfully been working up in the northern region for almost 2 decades, and will continue to oversee the project for 2 more years.

 Sunday Ladies Bible study and prayer time continues to be a highlight for me.
 I'm so grateful for these Divine Design Women of God.
 Here I am with Teddy... starting another Lead Today youth discipleship program.
 And another grand group of ladies that keep me on track each week.
 I'm sad to announce that the piggery project is closed... it just wasn't sustainable with no help, drought, high feed prices and no real market.
 Teaching Sunday School on Easter Sunday.  There was a great turn out of children and lots of activity.
 He is risen indeed!
 This owl got caught in my chimney... I think he was trapped for 3 days before we opened a vent above my stove to let him out.
 Teaching Sunday school
 The kids always listen better when I'm dressed in character.
 Balloon crowns
And this week I am back in the classroom with nursery and primary school teachers - assisting with Preventive and Corrective Discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment