Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, June 7, 2014

Miller Mall and More

Life is not normal for me on this side of the ocean, but it's still a fun adventure.  I've been crashing at other people's places and driving many long and straight roads to get to certain destinations. 
Last week I went to speak in Lucknow Community CRC and so I stayed with friends in the area.

After dinner, my host asked if I wanted to go to Miller Mall for ice-cream.  Now, most people reading this will have no idea where Lucknow even is... but it's 9 kilometres from the village of Whitechurch that I grew up.  It's rural hickville and I could not remember any malls for the life of me.  But I had a good chuckle when I found out that it is this tiny "general store" tucked in the middle of nowhere. 

After driving a few country blocks on back roads, I realized that we were only one block from another good friends house, so in the spur of the moment, we drove out of the way to pick her up.  Within moments our crew doubled in size and we headed to Hollyrood.  Miller Mall is full of all sorts of products - an old post office crammed in the corner, screws and nails, chocolates and clothes.... you can even buy one boot if you need it.  You don't have to buy the pair.  :)  We loaded up on delicious ice-cream and went to stand outside.  While chatting about life, I saw my old high school math teacher, and at least 11 horse and buggies drove by.  Even good old-fashioned Mennonites were stopping for ice-cream.  I laughed so much that evening and just enjoyed the fellowship of sweet friends.

In the past few weeks I've had incredible conversations about faith and missions, about family (both in Canada and Uganda) and friends, and so much more - while sitting beside campfires, or standing in spring greenhouses full of beautiful blooms.  It has been great to reconnect with so many people... and over the next few days, I also hope to write a few posts about some "God Stories" that have happened along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment