Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, December 30, 2013

Sisiyi with O.G.

“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the OIL of GLADNESS instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.”
Isaiah 61:1-3
 Often I sit back and think about how the Lord has been using and blessing me in the past few months.  I totally love my Jesus!  And I am so very grateful for His people.  Oil of Gladness Live Band has become one of my truest treasures this year and just after Christmas we were able to get away into creation for a two day retreat.  13 of us traveled to Sisiyi Falls - for a time of prayer and worship, relaxation, fellowship, encouragement, and fun.
 Odell Moses is one of our musicians - amazing on guitar, keyboard and in vocals.
 Along with his sweet daughters!
 Chatting with the staff of Sisiyi Falls.
 Playing football
 Teaching the kids how to play Sorry
 Encouragement awards at the evening bonfire
 Worship and gifts
 Morning greetings from Isaac and Moses
 Kristyn, Isaac and David
 My good bud Sam
 Another wonderful Samuel
 David and Kristyn
 I was amazed that no one in the group knew how to make a pyramid... this was our first attempt!!
 A little break along the road as we traveled 2.5 hours East.
 Exploring the falls... I fell in a hole and was extremely muddy.  :)
 After that, the boys took good care of me.  :)
 Climbing up the top of the falls
 Looking over Teso Land
 Sitting on top of the world!
 Worshipping the King of kings!
The whole crew - Oil of Gladness! 
L-R: Grace, Moses, Kristyn, Isaac, Karen, Sam, Sarah, Pauline, Beckie, David, Faith, Sam, and Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment