Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, November 9, 2013

"No One is Invisible" - Acts 3

International Teams has a few key passages for the ministry, and here is a poem I wrote in regards to one of those awesome stories.
Thank you once again my dear friends,
for setting me down at the marvelous Beautiful Gate.
I cherish your diligence to continuously bring me
Before the hour is late.
The ninth hours is here, 3pm it is called,
when prayers are once again spoken.
The Jews are arriving at the temple to pray,
a tradition not easily broken.
Living in the shadows of poverty, I beg,
helpless and lame since my birth.
When two men come walking,
and spotted me, with not hatred or annoyance, but worth.
These two men are different.  Christians they say.
Peter and John are their names and they follow "The Way".
With eyes of intent, they approach from across this public domain,
And soon I hear the command, "Look at us!"
These men want my attention, that much is true,
so I gaze at them without any fuss.
I look at them closely, thinking maybe I will gain a coin or two,
not expecting much.
Then I heard an announcement, both disappointing and thrilling -
some words and a touch.
The once called Peter said "Silver and gold I do not have,
but what I have I give you."
These are intriguing words from a man who's a stranger,
what could this Jew possibly do?
"In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
rise up and walk."
These words I've never heard before,

and my heart is thumping in shock.
Stunned and amused, the man takes my right hand
and helps me stand up.
Instantly my feet and ankles gain strength,
as I put down my beggar's cup.
I jump to my feet.  No training is needed,
but with a heart of curiosity, I begin to walk.
I go with these men into the temple courts,
walking, jumping, and praising God was my talk.
All the people, they stopped and they stared,
beholding this wonderful sight;
that me, the same man, who's been begging for years
was walking with all of might.
Walking and jumping
Leaping and praising
The people were completely awed.
With wonder and amazement at what happened to me,
the people knew without a doubt,
this was a miracle of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment