Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Canadian Thanksgiving

During the 7 hour drive home from Kampala on Sunday, I started planning my Thanksgiving party for Monday.  Many texts were sent out saying "In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving, you are invited to come to my house between 3 and 8 pm for a soda and a snack."   I had no idea who would actually come, but I knew I had to be prepared.
Monday morning, nice and early, I started for town to pick up a few crates of soda from the Coke plant and then went to one of my favourite shop keepers to order beef and vegetable samosas.  Another stop brought me mandazis (African donuts) and then I went home to bake coconut, peanut butter, and ginger cookies.
My sweet friend Rachel baked a cake to add to the festivities!!
Shortly after three, the guests started arriving... with a spread of the above treats, as well as tea and fruit, people began to enjoy themselves.  Within 6 hours, 51 people (that I can remember) passed through my home - with lots of stories, laughter, and time to share what we are all thankful for.
I am grateful for the incredible group of friends that God has blessed me here in Soroti... whether from the market, or town shops, fida International, the different churches I have served with, team-mates, neighbours, friends, and musicians.  God is good.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the poster!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to open your home for Thanksgiving!!!
    ....& I'm glad yiu made it through the desert after 2 flat tires ! I love the animal pics.

    ReplyDelete