Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcomed Back at Bethel

Two Sundays ago I arrived back at Bethel CRC in Newmarket, Ontario and was greeted with tons of hugs and well wishes. Many people said, "Hi Karen, Welcome back. When are you leaving again?" I was absolutely overwhelmed by the encouragement and support I received from my home church.
Then on this past Sunday there was another special surprise:


Frank, one of the youth from our church, decided to play a drum solo for me at the beginning of the service. I've been trying to upload a video but it hasn't been working. Frank is from Ghana and his way of saying thank you for working in Africa was to share his talents by playing the electronic drums in a bongo mode. So cool. I wanted to get up and dance!
After church there was a cake to share with the congregation... a welcome home cake for me and...For Dad he got a Great Work George cake because he rocked on his sermon for candidacy. He's on the home stretch for getting his Masters of Divinity. Go Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment