Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Full Sunday

Sunday morning, 8 am, I hear honking at the gate. Pastor George has come to deliver a super huge turkey for me to roast. He wanted to cook their guests from the UK a special treat. Thankfully I didn't have much preparation to do... just added a few spices, but I must say that I had to rearrange the bird to make it fit in my oven.
By 9:30 am I was biking back to Pamba to attend church and man, was it crowded today. I spent most of the morning outside of the church, hanging out with the children while the other mzungus invaded my space. Besides, the actually service started an hour late because it took an hour to do the introductions of the guests and the church leadership people. I am not a fan of introductions and I really don't think that each person needs to say something, especially when a majority of them repeat what has already been said.
I did join in worship though, and I have no idea why, but Winnie made me come back inside for one particular song, where they tied a piece of cloth around my waste and made me dance in front of the church.
A few of us mzungus were traveling somewhere on a journey with God.
And the church looked on with sheer excitement on their faces.
I left the service at 1pm to check on my bird and a good thing I did... the oven had turned off, even though the gas wasn't finished, so the bird wasn't quite ready yet. Thankfully all of the guests didn't arrive until almost three. It was super fun having a house full of guests who sport British accents and who also love turkey. Thankfully George and Winnie took the rest of the food with them... rice, sweet potatoes, brown beans and watermelon. I think I had the easy part.
The coach pulled out of my yard at 4:30 pm and then some of the neighbours came over for a photo opportunity.
Here is Lydia, one of the neighbour girls.
Here are many of the Princesses and some of their friends from the hostel.
I taught one of the girls how to use my camera so that I could get in on the action.
The girls were very creative in their poses... and don't worry Tim, all of your plants are fine!
Cuthbert. This boy can be such a pain some moments and such a sweetie at other times. I absolutely love this shot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment