Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Art in Acheli

This art event took place a few weeks ago and I finally got my hands on some of the photos that were taken that day.  There is an art project being worked on in the UK that shares the stories of some of the former child soldiers that we work with here in Northern Uganda.  We spent a day listening to their stories, encouraging them to draw pictures of life in captivity, and then painting their feet.  It is a joy to journey with them in the path of life.
War scars were shown

Feet were painted with the colours of the earth.

Drawing a picture of life in the bush
I washed their feet with Kerosene after being painted
 
My hands were stinging after being in gas for an hour

Some of these tough boys had ticklish feet :)

Very humbling for me to wash their feet!

A view of the process

Worshipping together

Drying the art

Listening to the heart-wrenching testimonies
I thank God that many of the 28 young people are now walking with the peace of Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your Blog.
    Washing feet is really great. I wish I could do it by myself.

    ReplyDelete