Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, December 12, 2009

Teachable Moments

Two days ago I was asked if I would teach a small group about children's ministry. We quickly lined up the talk for this afternoon because my time is running out. And wow, what a great experience. I think my team-mate Josh would be proud, because he has such a heart for the children also, and it was his material that I used to teach most of the session. (Thanks Josh!) Seven of us adults and two children met in a decent sized hut to share and learn about children's ministry. I got excited when I talked about drama, expression, passion, creativity, music, and much more when it comes to the kids. The other adults present were grateful for the insight. They said they often would just stand in front of the kids and read to them straight from the Bible, and not only were the children bored, but so were the teachers. I hope that this little session will bring some new joy to a few groups of children. "For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

No comments:

Post a Comment