Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Little Brothers

Yesturday morning I biked around Soroti with Moses, one of my Sunday school helpers. We are trying to put together a fun presentation for the kids on Sunday, and so we went out to take photos around Soroti. I enjoyed biking through some parts of town I have never been in, following sandy paths and using the huge Soroti Rock as reminder as to what part of town I was in. First stop: the Pamba market. Here is a man making gnut paste. Ground nut = peanut butter.
Tables of dried fish.
Sweet potatoes.
There is a fairly large second hand clothing market here. I can often find clothing with Value Village or Salvation Army tags on them. And they sometimes cost more to purchase here then at the second hand stores back home. Crazy.
Then over to a hardware store where Benjamin works. Can you find him in the woodpile? He is Moses' brother, and also one of my wonderful Sunday school helpers and translaters.
Then over to the bicycle repair street. Not only do they fix bikes there, but you can also buy tire shoes and tire rope.
In the afternoon I went over to visit at my Ugandan parents. There is a couple here who have the same names as my parents, so they adopted me as their daughter. They had harvested a field of simsim last week (simsim = sesame seeds) and this week the ladies shook out all the seeds and then were winnowing the extra plants, dust, bugs, etc away.
I had decided two days ago to take my little brothers out for a special treat. So on Tuesday I spent a few hours with Solomon. He is three. We went out for sodas and he rode on the back of my bike to town to run a few errands. I don't think Solomon gets to town very often (and it's only a 10 minute bike ride away) because he was super afraid of going in to the shops. :)
Then on Wednesday Gordie went with me to town and out for sodas. Mama was so glad that I took my brothers out. It's a very rare treat for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment