Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, October 4, 2009

The salon

Good morning friends,
I just finished having a low-key weekend and those aren't necessarily my favourite. On those days I let the little things really get to me and I don't know how to deal with things rationally. I got really upset with a neighbour who decided to wash her clothes inside my yard. She didn't ask and it was during my Sunday afternoon nap. She took her screaming child with her and I just ran out of patience, inside my head... I was steaming. But, I never spoke to her... she has no idea I was mad. (But I do need to talk to her about using the water from the compound.)
On Friday I had a delightful afternoon. I decided to take some knitting ideas and a book over to the blind at SACAB. I showed them how to make a few crafts out of the wash clothes they have been knitting and then I spent 45 minutes reading to them from a Max Lucado book. They are so excited to have me come back on Tuesday to read more chapters.
I was glad to see that some pastors are coming to check out the Resource Centre. I would love to see all those valuable books being used. (Maybe I need to challenge myself to get out of the Fiction section.)
On Saturday I taught a super long morning of school and it was fun. Then in the afternoon I went to visit some friends to get my hair braided in Kiswahili braids. Nice and tight.
Gordie was assisting Lucy in braiding my hair.
While my hair was being done (it took an hour and a half) I watched some teenage boys do their laundry with great diligence. Goodness, and to think that some people back home don't even know how to turn on a washing machine.)
Saturday night there was praise and worship at my house. The power had been out all day and we thought the rain was going to fall... so we couldn't have a bonfire and had the candles lit. But 5 minutes before the evening started the power came back. WooHoo. Some neighbours came and joined our team for an evening of worship and prayer around the theme of "Grace" and even all of my princesses came. I was so excited and the group nicely filled the living room.
Sunday was my tough day, but thankfully Sarah got me out for a walk and some friends came over to jam in the evening. God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment