Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, November 19, 2015

Remembering Uncle Andy

On Tuesday, November 17th, God took HOME my sweet Uncle Andy. 
I cried greatly when I heard the shocking news that my father had lost his last remaining sibling.  It's extremely hard to be away from family at this time, but I'm also truly grateful for the love of friends here who have offered prayers, hugs, tea, and a listening ear.
 Uncle Andy was only 55...  a very friendly man who was always ready to listen and offer encouragement.  I will remember him for his hugs, his devotion to the Royal Canadian Legion, his passion for darts, his strong faith in God, his care and compassion as he stayed with Grandma and Grandpa over the years, and his loyalty to friends.
I remember when I was a little girl, there was one day when Uncle Andy pulled up in a big rig and he parked in front of our house on Hwy 86.  Moments later I was loaded inside and we went for a tour around the block.  I always thought it was so cool that he was a long distance truck driver.
Of course, fishing and Andy have to be remembered as well... especially in the last few years when Grandpa, my Dad, and Andy got more and more in to fishing and tiny little motor boats. 
 A few years ago, we spent a week together as a family - just fishing and hanging out and I'm glad that I took that precious time to be with the clan.
I am going to miss Uncle Andy, but I know that I shall see him again!
God is my Rock!
These verses from Habakkuk 3:17-19 (Amp) have become an encouragement to me this week:
 
17 Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! [Rom. 8:37.]
19 The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your (and your extended family's) loss. May the God of all grace and comfort hold you in his arms and fill you with his love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I didn't know your uncle very well I remember seeing his out and about and always a smile. Our condolences to you and your family. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete