Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, September 1, 2015

10 Days with Pastor Ray

For the first time ever, I crossed the big oceans with a seat mate... and it was truly an honor to host Pastor Ray Vander Kooij from Bethel CRC in Acton.  We certainly experience a diverse 10 day experience since landing back in my beloved Uganda.
On the first Sunday we attended to worship services.  We were jam packed in to the PAG (Pentecostal Assemblies of God) church for a lively service of worship and Word.  Then we headed over to St. Peter's Anglican Cathedral, and I'm so glad we went because it ended up being the Thanksgiving service for baby Asaph - born to my good friends Sam and Grace.
You can't come to Uganda without a boat ride on the Nile - starting in Lake Victoria.
Grace and Sam with little Asaph - one month old
 Kampala traffic
 This vendor was so happy I was back in town... she has been missing me in the market
 Walking around town with Ray was so fun... he was able to experience what it means to run errands - getting a dress made, buying airtime and internet, exploring the market, etc.
 We spent one afternoon cleaning the piggery.
 A pit stop at Lale landing site for the sunset
 Bethel CRC (Acton) gifted Oil of Gladness with a guitar
 Doing laundry by hand once again
 We participated in a four day tent festival/conference in Iganga.  Ray preached a couple of sessions per day and we hung out with this awesome band from Brasil. Tabernaculus
 Oil of Gladness also came to minister for two days
 One of the highlights for me is when Tabernaculus prayed over OG in Portuguese.
 Pastor Ray had to get used to speaking with a translator and having the crowd shout "Amen" throughout his talks!!
 Introducing Pastor Ray to one of my favourite Ugandan pastors!
Pastor Ray should be landing any moment now back in Canada.... and I am going to try and make my way home from Kampala.  I got stuck in the city today with major car problems.  Ready to finally go home and settle in Soroti for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment