Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Birthday Balloon Ride

Last year, 2014, I received a wonderful birthday present of a hot air balloon ride.  After more than multiple attempts, and over two summers, I was finally able to fly. 
Actually, we almost didn't fly because it was so nice there was absolutely NO wind. 
Oh the adventures!
 God's sun came shining over our early morning ride.
 Preparing the balloon for departure... fans filled the balloon with air.
 The final touches... propane fire!!
 Mom and Dad were down in the field... can you see them?
 I dressed up for this bright morning outing.
 My Holmes Adie Syndrome eyes kind of freak me out.
 About 45 minutes in to the ride we found winds of 4-5 km
 The pilot had his first ever tethered landing.  The winds started changing directions and we had a very creative road landing.
 Our ground crew worked hard to help bring us down safely.
 I loved the landing and it added a half hour to the flying experience.
 Pull!
 Safely back on solid ground and not in the middle of a corn field. :)
 Can you see me?
Thank you God for a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment