Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, January 10, 2015

Jumping in to January

New Year's Day started with a celebration of thanksgiving in the compound.  My neighbours were hosting over 100 people to say "thank you" for supporting the wedding... so everyone was busy - sorting rice, making pilau, coleslaw, roasting pork and goat meat, and anticipating the arrival of friends and family.
 Sitting on my verandah - talking and preparing!
 My sister was deep frying potatoes
 Another sister was preparing meat pilau.
 There have been a few trips to the piggery as well... I spy with my little eye...
The pigs are growing well!
 Lots of advice and encouragement given
 This past week I have been working hard on helping with a Water For All well-drilling project.  I love the physical labour of getting jerry cans of water for the drillers to use.
 
 An incredible system to drill a borehole - all manpower!
 Water and earth spews out of the rocket and pipes.
This is week 10 for these men... and they are still happily drilling.
Besides all of these activities - I am once again back in to helping lead Bible Club, and having a few discipleship Bible Studies in my home.  I am looking forward to a few weeks of slowing down because December was way too busy for me. Through all things, I am so delighted that God is my Rock and Fortress!

No comments:

Post a Comment