Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gulu Update

Two weekends ago I traveled with a local church to encourage two lonely, struggling churches in Gulu.  I had never been to Gulu and it took almost 5 hours by bus (it could have taken 3 if I drove) and so we arrived a little later than expected.  Hopping on a few pikis, we rode a few kilometres out of town to speak to a church filled with kids.  The next morning I went back to that church to share a story with the many children there.
The children were excited to hear about how God chose them!
 I love dancing with the kids. 
On Sunday morning, after leading a whole service in the small church, we packed back on to the bikes and dodged the muddy puddles as we found our way to a second church.  There, one of the pastors said to me: Okay Karen, at this church I need you to preach.  A children's story was nice, but these people need you to preach.  Wow, talk about a stretching moment.  I prayed for guidance and as the worship was on, and another preacher spoke, I came up with a sermon.
 This church was thirsty for God's Word!
 Here I am - sitting with church leaders... each one of us did a small sermon.
Christ died for us!!
Here I am - in traditional Ugandan wear... I have learned how to turn people's heads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment