Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Dry Season

To be honest, fundraising has been very tough this summer.  I don't know if it's the world economy, or vacation time, or the fact that church committees haven't been meeting for a few months, but the support raising for Uganda has sort of come to a stand still.  I've been meeting with people, writing letters, making phone calls, and then.... no increase.  God truly is teaching me trust and patience. 

Refreshingly I felt God's hand of guidance this morning.  I went to church, to be with God and His people, and was blessed during coffee time in the fellowship hall.  One older gentleman passed me a humble cheque of support and one young lady spent a long time chatting with me about following God's leading.  When I went to bring my coffee cup to the kitchen, a sweet lady said that her and her husband were going through their budget to see how much they could support me on a monthly basis and they would let me know soon.  From the kitchen, I walked over to the mailboxes and grabbed a few papers from my box when another lady walked over and said that she wants to support me on a regular basis.  I was able to hand over the information for International Teams so she could begin the Automatic Bank Withdrawal. This lady hasn't stopped thinking about the stories that my team leaders, the Sliedrechts, shared while they were at Bethel and she believes in the work we are doing in Uganda.  From the mailboxes, I started heading towards the door when another old lady mentioned that she was going to write a cheque and give it to me next week.  The tears started to collect in the corners of my eyes as I once again caught up the young lady I was chatting with earlier.  She shared in my joy with a hug and a few tears of her own before we went our separate ways for lunch.   I drove home praising God in an extra special way!

No comments:

Post a Comment