Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, April 22, 2011

Of Sand and Seas

     Arriving 10 minutes early, my family was privileged enough to find a seat at the front of the church.  It was a united community service - a place packed full of believers - all desiring to thank God for the life of Christ and His gift of grace on the cross.  Moments before the service started a beautiful lady came over and stood in front of me.  I haven't seen this woman in possibly 12 years, but I knew who she was... dear Brenda.  She and her husband had come to Newmarket to share Easter with her family.  Andy, her husband, was playing drums throughout the service, but he raced over when the service drew to a close.  He had seen Brenda greet me and so he was delighted to catch up with me too.  This couple has an amazing place in my heart since they used to be one of my youth pastors/leaders during my Pentecostal high school youth group days.
    
     The service was very touching - a combination of music, drama, and a sand story sermon.  Please view the following video to get a taste of the 20 minute masterpiece we all watched in awe.  There were no words during the church's presentation, just music and lights helping to bring depth to the crucifixion story.



     Leaving work early for the second day in a row, I am grateful for my team-mates who are willing to step in and help me recouperate from whatever season illness is dragging me down.  I don't know if it is a cold, or flu, or just fatigue and achy joints, but it's exhausting.  Wearily I drove home and rang the door bell.  :)  I could see through the window that company had just arrived, so I thought I would play a little joke and ring hello.  Dad opened the door to greet my pouting face and then quickly closed it again.  Too late!!  Two of my adorable nephews saw me from across the room and came to the door.  With hugs and "I love you Tante Bear"(s) I struggled in to the house and could barely take my coat off due to the boys showering me with love. 
     They were soon off to bed though.  Waiting long enough for the boys to be sound asleep I dragged my sore bones into Mom and Dad's master ensuite for a relaxing bath.  Squirting some new "Tropic Seas" bodywash from Dollarama into the tub, I laid back and shut my eyes.  Before I knew it, bubbles were pouring over the edge of the tub.  I chuckled.  I thought that only happened in the movies.  I didn't know you could bury yourself in white foam.  :)  I lowered my head into the bubbles and covered my ears with bubbles that were settling with a snap, crackle, pop.  It was the most calming bath ever because I imagined myself sitting on my porch in hot Soroti, with the tropical rains pouring down into my yard.  Soothing. 
     Sleepy sand is now starting to form in the corner of my eyes, so I shall bring myself to go to bed and pray that I will always remember what Christ has done for me.  He is the King of the Jews.  My King!  My Prince of peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment