Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, March 7, 2011

Waiting Patiently

Thank you for patiently waiting a long while since I last wrote.
The Free Dictionary defines waiting as "the act of remaining inactive or stationary."  Wikipedia defines patience as "the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity."
This is a strange time in my life... a time when I want things to hurry on, but I am forced to wait.  Or I need patience to get through a load of difficult tasks.  Homework for missions training still consumes my time, as I am now meeting twice a week with a mentor, working through Dr. Larry Crabb's "Inside Out", as well as three other books to read.  Next week I am driving to Indianapolis for a two day Fundraising Bootcamp and that has homework as well.  And then there is my real work and my dream for different work.  Patience sometimes runs thin while I wait for things to change.  I often need to apologize for being snappy, which probably means I have run out of patience. 
I love waiting upon the Lord and I know that His name is glorified the longer I need to wait for His timing on things.  I used to pray about going to Uganda in April, but God has me staying home for the summer as I continue to fundraise.  I am hoping to take these exra few months to spend quality family time with my family and friends as well as lock down 100% of the funds I need to raise.  Delightfully I am able to step back from my current job to make the next few months possible. 
Waiting isn't just for big things and it certainly doesn't feel like I am inactive.  Daily I wait for the mail to come as I am expecting three packages in the mail.  Weekly I wait for International Teams (IT) Canada to update my donor status.  Occasionally I wait for a day off so I can have an evening meal with my family.  Thank you for your patience as I work through some attitude adjustments and get back to writing like I used to.
What are you waiting for?  When are you striving to be patient?

No comments:

Post a Comment