Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

5 Minutes of Fun

There has always been a rule in my father's house that we are not allowed to have more than five minutes of fun a day. Sometimes I cheat and take some really miserable days, so that maybe I can have a half hour of fun. :) Just don't tell Dad! Last weekend I was able to get away to Grand Rapids for a few days. Crossing the border becomes more of a hassle, because I have too many stamps in my passport and the guard questions my reasons for travel. Thankfully, I was able to cross the border and head over to my cousin's house. I arrived in the evening, just in time to see the sun going down over the pond in their backyard.
A trip to the airport to watch planes depart and arrive filled some of our time. All of us girls wore skirts and we danced with joy whenever a plane came by. We were even able to watch a military plane in training, as it did fly by landings and take offs.
The kids are absolutely in love with Bones, who continues to sight see whenever possible.
One of my dear college roomie's was relaxing at a cottage for her birthday. Surprisingly, I was able to spend two days with Jeannie and her adorable family on the water at Green Lake. The cottage was too precious... a tiny green dwelling amidst these ritzy mansions on the waterfront. It wasn't any fun riding the Sea Doo!! I found out that I have a huge passion for speed, waves, and airtime. There is a rebellious side to me after all.
Mmm!! Corn on the cob.... my favourite.
On Friday night I went to Provin Trails behind beautiful (RBC) Kuyper College campus (my alma mater) to hang out in the dunes. I had sent out very last minute invitations for people to join me there if they could, but no one was able. Delightfully I was able to spend quality time with God. I read the whole book of Hosea, prayed, hiked, and had a picnic supper. I even collected a bag of acorns for Judy, who was trying to fill a decorative jar. The silence was wonderful, a much needed break.
Speaking of silence, Robert Shangle is a Live Statue whom I bumped into on Saturday. He was participating in Geek Aid, a festival to raise money for the public schools in Grand Rapids. Jeannie's husband also had a booth up at the event. He was selling his incredibly delicious Magnanimous Salsa. I scooped up some Barbecue 'Defender' and Pumpkin Mango Tango... which starts out creamy and sweet and then punches you with incredible heat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment