Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kalacha Kindness

Without recognizing the number on the phone, I answered anyways and was totally blessed!!  Last night, my dear desert sister - Barbara, called to say hello.  I haven't seen Barbara in two years, since I lived with her in Kalacha, northern Kenya for a month. 

Conversation flowed easily, goose bumps traveled up my arms as we shared God stories.  Tears flowed down my face as we prayed together.  And a smile took over my cheeks during the whole phone call.

I thank God for Barbara, and the many other friends who are keeping in touch.  I feel so encouraged during this journey called LIFE.

========================================================================
This conversation came about after I sent out this email:
Sliding the cover off the old board game, with each corner duct taped for strength and repair, I’m preparing to strike gold on the “Klondike”. Winning the first game wasn’t enough for me, so dealing out the cards added a fun round of “Phase 10” to the evening. Recently I cherished spending a night around the table with my parents, and over the next few months I hope to do that with many more people.


As most of you know, I am preparing to head back to Uganda, but this time it is for the long-term, a career move. I am not able to make it back to my much loved East Africa this month (as previously hoped) but will be moving around the beginning of September.

Planning the next five months will be brought to you by the letter “F”:

1. Fellowshipping with God and His people

2. Fundraising (I’m at 15% of my monthly goal)

3. Fun

4. Friends

5. Family

6. Focusing on saying “No” more to work so that I can prepare for the...

7. Foreign Field

I’m hoping to spend quality time with many people, so please, let me know when is a good time to catch up with you... either by Skype, phone, or a real time for table talk.

I am often available, but I also have some intentional times to meet up with people.

1. This weekend, April 8-10 I will be in Hamilton, ON.

2. From May 3-14 I will be in Grand Rapids, MI.

3. June 3-10 I will be in the Massachusetts area.

Training for Uganda has been coming along peacefully. I value the three weeks spent in Illinois with other friends heading out on the mission field. Two weeks ago I went to “Bodybuilders Bootcamp” in Indianapolis and am now much more confident in Biblical fundraising. I have two more book reports to complete for International Teams, along with a weekly meeting of encouragement and accountability with a very dear mentor. I feel much more prepared now to go back to Uganda.

I look forward to hearing what kind of activity you can create for us to do around your table. May the Lord bless your evening.

Karen Lubbers

No comments:

Post a Comment