Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A Writer's Nest Assignment

 Yesterday my schedule was free enough to let me attend a Writer's Nest zoom meeting. There is a group of writers that I love meeting with in Ontario.  It started years ago because I love writing and someday wish to write a book.  The other day we were sent a fun assignment for the meeting that went like this:

Subjective Open your e-mail and randomly choose the subject line of an old message. Make that the first line of your story. Then, choose another subject line, and make that the last line of your story. Source: Writer’s Digest: Year of Writing Prompts

When I described it to Moses, he said I should use my phone, and just quickly scroll with my eyes closed until I hit to subject titles. And these were my two lines:

1. Health Worldwide is a Family Affair

and

2. Personally Praying for YOU!

so here is what I wrote with those to lines in mind:

Health worldwide is a family affair. I sure wish there was better news to share.
Oh yippee! Covid is still here. At least one thing has changed - that's a decrease in fear.
Then there's the time I landed in pain, with two pulmonary embolisms as I exited the plane.
Living on the foreign field, representing God, I feel more obliged to share my health with people abroad.
Anxiety, a tooth ache, cough, or lack of voice, reaching out to the Christian family is often my choice.
I'm grateful for the many saints, whose calendars are filled with lots to do,
As they still take the time to encourage and say "I am Personally Praying for YOU!"



No comments:

Post a Comment