Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, February 25, 2022

Stories of Hope

Monday through Friday, I head over to Gulu GlobeTrotters to share Bible stories with the students there.  27 energetic, delightful pupils sit on mats under the mango trees to hear God's Word and learn life lessons with Jesus at the Centre.  
I often stay for lunch after class, sharing a plate of cornmeal and beans, or plantains and greens, and have deeper discussions with the kids.  

Yesterday, a young boy came up and said "Thank you Teacher Karen for teaching us the Bible."  A few moments lady, a shy girl came and said, "I thank you too.  My Mom doesn't like the Bible and says I am not allowed to have one, but at least I can hear the stories from you." I gave her a little hug and told her that we will be praying for her Mom and that I'm glad she was in my class.  I told her that God loves her and she can love Him back by asking Jesus into her heart.  She had a deep smile on her face. And someday I pray this little girl will have a Bible of her own.
Today, just before class, another young girl came and whispered in my ear - "Teacher, are demons real?" I told her that we would chat at lunch.  :)  I proceeded to teach the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife.  I had a few kids do a tug of war games... where God's voice was speaking on one side and temptation was pulling on the other.  Sometimes, we let that rope get into a great battle in our mind, of whether or not we are tempted to sin, but the greatest thing to do is just drop the rope.  Walk away.  Don't even let temptation in to play the game.  Joseph walked away!!
Anyways, after class I sat down with this young girl and we chatted about the fact the angels and demons are real.  But we don't need to fear demons or give them any power, because Christ has defeated them on the cross.  I know they are very real, but I would rather entertain angels than live in fear of demons or give normal things like meowing black cats the authority to be demons.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment