Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, August 27, 2016

Helping my Helper

Every 7-10 days I call a special lady to come and help me mop the house (scrubbing the floors) and wash the clothes by hand, she also roasts gnuts or makes tortillas and English muffins occasionally.  Helen is her name and she bikes 45 minutes to reach my house for work.
On Thursday night she called me and said that she really wanted my team-mate, who is a nurse, to come out and see her.  She was bleeding, but she had delivered naturally and easily 8 days earlier, so the bleeding wasn't normal.  I happened to be at my team-mate's house at the time, so we quickly thought that we would drive out to the village together, because it was 8:30 pm.
I won't give you all the details, but I'm so glad we followed the Lord's prompting to go get her. The bleeding was too much... I've never seen anything like it.  We took Helen to a better hospital and by the time the nurse found plastic to cover the bed, Helen was seriously shaking.  The doctor took over rather quickly and we went home to pray for her.
The next day I went back with tea and food for Helen and her two attending relatives.  She seemed stronger and I'm glad the doctor was able to help Helen.  I didn't know it was possible to carry left-over placenta for up to two weeks.  My mind keeps thinking: what if we didn't go to pick her?  If I was alone, I wouldn't have gone out there at night.  God knew!!  Today I picked her up from the hospital and got to spend some more time with little baby Karen.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear these stories Karen. May the Lord continue to bless you with good fruit!!!

    ReplyDelete