Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to Bululu

The rainy seasons have changed the shape of the road.  A few months ago, when I drove to Bululu, it was like driving on beach sand.  This morning the road was muddy and filled with hard potholes.  My friend asked me if it was better to drive on these roads, or the sandy roads.  I responded with "well, these roads might be safer, because I am driving slower to safe my car from further repairs, but the sandy roads are more fun to drive on!"

We were heading back to Bululu to have a day of encouragement and testimonies.  The villagers are still so grateful for the training in Evangelism, but even more so, they had so many stories to report about children's ministry.  There was one lady who stood up and said that even though she didn't attend the training a few months ago, she has seen a change in her church's programming, and in the lives of her children.  They are now learning Bible stories, and coming home with ideas of drawing pictures in the sand.  I was so excited!!  The Lord is good.

This village in Bululu has definitely found a place in my heart.  Before I left, we shared a meal of posho (white corn meal) and chicken.  And I was blessed with a rooster and a bag of mangoes to go home with.  They insist that I come back to try more original honey from the tree.  :)

While driving home with this cock in my boot (trunk), I thought about how I would cook it, since I don't have a fridge, stove, oven, or any means of cooking at the moment.  Then I decided to give it to my landlords - since they are offering me so much food lately... it was nice to return the blessing.  So tomorrow night I shall eat chicken with my neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment