Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A Little of Life

For those who don't get to see some of our fun photos on social media... I thought I would share them here again.
Valentines Day - We went out for an Italian buffet, which was a special event hosted by "The Iron Donkey" - one of our local favourite coffee shops.
Whenever we pass through Soroti, I try to make sure I have time to catch up with my Junior.  Teddy has been a part of the women's Bible study group/discipleship classes for years and it is so amazing to see how much she has grown in the Lord.
And how refreshing to see the Word of God being read in her room.  
\
The postman was NICE to me!! This year I received almost 50 Christmas cards in the mail and it makes me jump for joy!!
Bolt is still my bud.  Luna is harder to photograph because she has fallen in love with the neighbour kids and she always lays on her back so you can give her a good belly rub.  :)
I've been trying to keep up with an exercise regiment, but lately it has been a little bit harder.  Honestly, I could use your prayers.  For the past few months I haven't been feeling well.  Bouts of nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain... and then on Saturday, February 20th I had massive chest pains.  I was referred to the heart institute in Kampala and underwent loads of tests.  Throughout the past week I saw doctors, dentist, eye doctor, chiropractor... and the good news is - all my organs are strong and the blood work is coming up clean.  The bad news is: I don't feel well.  The eye doctor gave me reading glasses of 1.25.  The chiropractor says my spine is messed up and my tailbone is twisted (and I believe her because I couldn't even sit up in bed lately too).  The doctors think I have an irritable bowel, along with a cyst and possibly an enlarged liver.  Two US doctors have looked over my file and say we are on the right track... so, I'm home again, up and down and praying for better days.
A fun little hedgehog
It's kind of fun playing with little creatures... and it cracks me up that these boys kept the pet for me to see.  They knew I was coming to Soroti briefly.
I can't believe how much the boys have grown up... these are the young men that I lived with for 8 years before getting married.  Oh, my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment