Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, July 6, 2020

Glad to be in Gulu/Birthday Blessings

So far, during our first three weeks in Gulu, we have explored our way around town, gotten to know a few new people, and enjoyed our unique and cool home.
 There is a great coffee shop called "The Iron Donkey"... we have gone a few times, just to get out of the compound.  :)  Abella is a beautiful young lady who lives right next door to us, and happen to know her well from Soroti days - I've watched her grow up since she was about 12.  She is super helpful, insightful, and a treasure to our days here.
I love the Gulu main market - so much more diverse produce than in Soroti.  Here I can get leeks, spring onions, red, yellow and large green peppers, Chinese cabbage lettuce, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash and more.  Yeah for us!
 Moses super surprised me for my birthday... I came out of bed and found the sitting room decorated with balloons and streamers.
 He made homemade waffles for breakfast.
 We stopped at Iron Donkey on our way out of town, and they gave me a free treat!!
 We drove two hours and found a sweet lodge for an overnight getaway.
 Tent number three was our sleeping place of choice.
 When we relaxed on our porch, we could oversee the White Nile.  At night I heard hippos chomping on the grass in the campsite.
 I loved being able to swim once again!
 The cook even asked me what I wanted for dinner and presented a delicious dish!
 Fort Murchison has such a great ambiance!
 I appreciate trees with a little bit of character.
 Fun with Flora
 Oh ya, in the morning, these notes were hidden all around the house.  So cherished!
 Murchison Falls National Park is in the background.
 A Sausage Tree
 Moses was practising his camera skills.
 Well, so was I. :)
 The gardens were peaceful.
 Welcome to our nature lodge.  I am so grateful that we could have some special time together.
 Canada Day found me at an old school dentist.  I had to have a back molar filled, since I simply lost an old filling.
 Back at home... I love our new home.
 Bolt always welcomes us home.
 Here is the curriculum that is being developed for private/Christian schools in Uganda.  I'm going to help with editing the materials and giving it an African context.  Moses hopes to develop a training video for the "Roots to Fruits" curriculum.
And on a fun note... I found gardener charging his phone battery the other day.  Yikes!! I couldn't pull that off if I tried.
That's a quick welcome to our new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment