Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Hmmmm.... Bible Club?

For at least 5 years now a few of us have been hosting Bible Club at a local church during school holidays.  It's always a grand time of sports, games, Bible stories, singing, Bible study, points, rewards, and wonderful fellowship.  Slowly over the last year or so the leadership team has become super busy - some have wedded, others have gotten jobs, one moved to Kampala... and yet we all have a heart for Bible Club.  
 A few weeks ago we even celebrated with a birthday party of a one year old princess.
 It's always a joy hanging out with these awesome youth leaders.
 Well, two Sundays ago we had a short meeting in my house, planning the Bible Club for this school break and I must say, I didn't think it was going to work.  Some have great vision and passion.  Some have absolutely no time because they now have other requirements and responsibilities in their lives.  
I volunteered and said that I would try to run the Tuesday afternoon program, knowing that it's not really fair to run the whole afternoon alone with anywhere from 10-60+ kids. 
 But I went.  I took a boda boda (motorcycle taxi) to the church and walked into an empty compound.  No opened church door.  No younger youth to assist me.  Just sunshine and peace.  I sat down on the veranda of the church and thought about texting friends, only to realize that my phone was at home, so I really had to wait and see what the plan was that day.
The Lord had a plan.  A few of the neighbouring children spotted me waiting and wanted to come over to talk and touch a mzungu.  It started with three... then more, then more.  I started with simple questions - name, school, church, etc.... and they started with small stories and lots of giggles.  I have never seen these kids at a Bible Club meeting before this.
 It was so sweet.  An older sister came along and then organized the children to minister to me.  They prayed, sang songs, and worshipped God with their whole bodies.  And then I knew that the afternoon plan was not in vain.  Under the car park shelter, I asked the children in I could share a few Bible stories with them.  They listened with great joy in their eyes.  I was glad I had come.
Praise the Lord for these little ones.  Really, there are ministry opportunities around every corner if I had the time and energy.  May these kids grow up knowing Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment