Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Call for Help

A man I met during last year's youth conference preparations called me and asked him if I would meet him in the school offices just up the street from my home.  I couldn't quite remember who he was, but the youth conference was a good starting point.  So I arrived at the school at one to find two people in the principal's office, waiting for me. 
The man introduced me to the pastor of a small church that is running inside the school.  The church has maybe 8-12 children on a Sunday and they are looking for some training, but the call was for another occasion.  They pulled out an invitation - where kids from the surrounding neighbourhoods were all being invited for a Children's Day on November 2.  The Pastor talked about how the kids were really important in a church and they felt this day would be really important for door-to-door evangelism and church invites.  As I was holding the invite, excited about this up-coming day, I awaited the reason for my call to help.  After a few more moments of chatting, I finally heard these unexpected words:
"Karen, we are dreaming of this big day and we know that the children are key, but we just have no idea what to do with children.  We heard that you work with children and leaders.  Can you please teach us and be with us during that Saturday program?  Please help us to fill the hours between 9-4."
Wow, that's a fun task.  To walk alongside a church and teach them how to get excited about children's ministry and guide them in all the things necessary to pull off a fun day - Bible stories, games, snacks/food, singing, music, memory verse competitions and more.
Our first real planning meeting will kick off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment