Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pure Joy

The other day I received a phone call from a beautiful young couple... that their baby girl was born.  They wanted to name the baby after me, or at least have me name the baby.  I went to their hut the next day and held this precious little girl.  Her three year old sister was running around with excitement - saying that her sister was a mzungu because the baby had such fair skin colour.  :)  The sister's name is "Divine Grace", but they call her Grace.  While I was holding this tiny bundle, I thought about grace, peace, love, and joy - JOY!! Yes, Joy would be a great name.  I didn't want to give the baby the name of Karen, because it is not so Ugandan, but Karen means "pure" - and the parents had learned that just a few days prior, but Pure Joy would be perfect.  The parents loved the idea and two days later they went to sign the birth certificate with Pure Joy as her name.  Too precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment