Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowy Days in Illinois

Last week, classes were overwhelming.  This week, variety has joined our schedule.  Prayer times, testimony sharing, theology discussions and art work fill our days.  Art work you might ask - yes, we were each given a specific size sheet of paper and told to make a symbolic paper of our lives.
 This was our apartment last night - during craft hour.  A huge snow storm hit the Chicago area - as you can see the snow building up on the outside door - so we all knew our training would be cancelled for the next day.  We stayed up late to complete our projects.
 The snow and wind were thick and powerful.
Here is my finished project - I was able to spend an hour today with International Teams staff, sharing my story.  I will take this symbolic picture with me to Uganda, so that I can share who I am with my team.
This morning I woke up to see the snow had nicely settled - but super thick and deep.  Without any teachers around, all of us in missionary training gathered together at 8 am to study a lesson on Forgiveness.  Then we had a one hour finance workshop.  At 10:30 am we moved over to the chapel for an incredible (and spontaneous) time of worship and prayer. 



A bunch of us spent the afternoon digging out cars, sledding and just having a blast.  It was good to have a long break and get some fresh hour.  Being a perpetual student is no longer easy. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love your poster Karen! Beautiful. I loved following along on your journey through the blizzard too. You sound happy. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete