Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Coffee That Counts"

Friendship.  Sharing joys.  Carrying burdens.  Encouraging.  Crying.  Hugging.  Singing.  Sharing talents and passions.  Praying.  Those are some of the privileges I find in being a part of the church.  I am honoured to be surrounded by people who love and care for me.  I have been amazed at how many people are willing to help out Holly and I as we host "Coffee That Counts" - a coffee house fundraiser.  Both of us desire to go on missions trips this spring, and so it is fun to work together to host a fun event.  I am grateful for the people who have written articles, promoted the event on the radio, offered to bake goodies, or donated items and time... the Lord is good. 
I can't wait for the Coffee House to happen!
Friday night - January 7, 2010 at Bethel CRC in Newmarket.
7-10 pm - anyone is welcome!!   
The Lord continues to give me a heart for the people of Uganda.  I am truly praying that God will allow me to go back on the foreign mission field by April (I will GO if all my funds are raised or pledged by then). 
Please read the following article called: "Ritual murder on the rise in Uganda" - a hard, but true story of a nation that needs more of the Lord.  Another touching article to read from Christian Week is 'In Uganda, the "war of childbirth" continues'.  An older article tries to ask "Where is African Spirituality Heading?"  May God strengthen the church in Uganda and may God use me to encourage, pray for, serve, and love His people, whether here or there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment