Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, March 26, 2015

Simple Summaries

  • I wanted to share with my awesome children's ministry partners the joy of "Power Poppers".  This rock candy that crackles in your mouth... so before our planning meeting for Sunday began, we gathered around the coffee table and I gave them each a packet to choose - strawberry, grape, or banana.  After cutting open each package, I told them to pour a little on their tongues and just enjoy.  :)  My face lit up with glee as their faces filled with wonder.  Candy was jumping on their tongues and making crackling noises.  The young lady next to me said, "It sounds like pop corn getting ready in the pan, except it's in my mouth!"  Oh, how I love sharing new and simple pleasures with my Ugandan friends!!
  • Scoobie Doo has become an ambulance.  Twice this week I have made trips to the hospital to bring home discharged patients.  The first one was an old grandmother who had her leg amputated above the knee after having a gang green infection that started in her toe.  She didn't go home with a wheel chair or crutches, and none of the relatives with her were properly trained in lifting or transferring techniques.  It was quite an activity to get Tata (Grandma) to a bed in the house.  Hopefully physiotherapy will help, but I'm not sure how she will get there.  And many of the neighbour kids are hoping that the doctor won't cut off their legs too if they ever get a wound.  :)
  • The second patient was a young mother who had a C-section this week.  I had to bring home a mom who was still in a lot of pain from a fresh incision and the roads to her home were super bumpy.  (And by the way, every road in Soroti is being worked on right now, so there is lots of re-routing or blocked intersections... rather crazy in my opinion, but also fun... although I can't be a rally driver when I'm traveling with patients.
  • Back to the meeting with my children's ministry peeps... we had an awesome evening of planning.  On Sunday there is a biannual gathering of all the Baptist churches in town, and the four of us are in charge of planning the children's program for the day.  We stuck to the church calendar and planned out a super fun Palm Sunday event... with a story, drama, games, and songs.  It's fun being in a meeting where everyone laughs, participates, adds, encourages, and discusses... I can't wait for Sunday!
  • I didn't make it to the village as planned, to see the piglets and to check on our feed trough cement projects... I think God had other items in mind.  I attended a lunch hour prayer meeting at the Anglican Cathedral in town... because tomorrow I've been asked to share God's Word there, and I wanted to know how the program runs.  And I wanted to encourage a friend who is trying to get her thesis submitted for her Master's program.
  • Not much more to say today... except that I am trusting in a big, big God!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment