Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, December 26, 2014

Youth Camp Time

Wow, the two weeks leading up to Christmas have been overwhelmingly busy, but totally awesome and worth it.  For two days I traveled to Serere with my children's ministry colleagues to do a village training with the PAG churches there.  About 70 participants spent two days learning about children, how to share God's Word with them, and how to creatively teach them - especially with the OneHope curriculum that we were able to bring with us.
The following day, the huge annual Anglican youth camp started in Soroti.  I went on Sunday evening and began to register youth.  I was so overwhelmed with attendees that I had to call for back up!!  For three days straight I registered youth and balanced their books.  Registrar and treasurer is a big task, but I thrive there!! Over 2000 youth showed up from all over Teso Land!!  Hallelujah.
When I could break away from the youth camp, I also went to help my children's ministry colleagues once again... we were running a 5 day CYCAS training. (Community, Youth, Children, And Sports) The number of trainees was little, but the information was vital.  Together we went through materials on how to teach children, how to plan camps, how to tie God's Word in to the games you play, and so much more.
Here are some photos of the youth camp.









No comments:

Post a Comment