Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, October 27, 2014

Reflecting Through the Lens

The pigs are doing well. 
 Faith is a very curious sow... and she gives me hope that this piggery project will work out!
 Bear the Boar is growing at a steady pace
And Grace, the original sow is doing so much better.  Isaac really loves the pigs!!
And now, completely switching topics:
The Best Wedding!!
 Grace and Sam have finally said "I do"
 She's a stunning bride with a fantastic voice for Jesus!
 I love their style!
After the wedding, I took an overnight bus and traveled to Kampala, so that I could catch a flight to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
 Seeing Mt. Kilimanjaro from the plane, as I flew to the Thrive Conference. 
For three days I was able to enjoy the fellowship of these other ladies… swapping stories and tips about living in Africa.  The guest speaker, Peg Forrest, was truly inspirational and I praise God for her message.  It was about seeing God in the little things of every day.  Sometimes we might think we are plucking blackberries, when really, we might be standing in front of the burning bush.
Every day we met in small groups.  I was a part of a singles group, and so there were 8 of us to encourage each other and pray for each other.  It was so special to have hands placed over me in prayer, from other women who serve on the field and know the joys and struggles. 
Afternoons were a time of pampering and relaxation.  I slept a lot because I have been fighting a very deep cold, and I know that I would not have been able to rest in Soroti.  I also received a haircut and a pedicure on one afternoon.  During another afternoon I met with a counselor and a prayer partner.  
Every evening we had a good time of worship and then played games (which the prizes were sweet treasures from the west – like Reeses Pieces, dried fruits, magazines, etc.), before sharing experiences and advice from the field once again.
 At the end of the retreat, I headed to the Indian Ocean with 11 ladies, to go snorkeling for the afternoon.  Truly rewarding.
 We saw a super cool sailboat on our way to the snorkeling location
 It's cargo was a sight to behold
 I was super pumped as we approached the island... I knew I was in my much beloved Africa when I found another item on my bucket list.... a Baobab tree!
 I just think they are the coolest trees out there
 Playing with God's creation
 Anchors up as the sun was setting
 Upon reaching shore, I found an old college friend waiting for me.  Rebecca took me out for some incredible seafood, at a yummy restaurant called "Gourmet".
For some reason, I felt like this restaurant belonged in Morocco - the atmosphere was filled with flowing red fabrics and cool music.
Rebecca invited me to stay in her home for two days.  I was able to see her in ministry - working at a school in DAR, and hanging out with some pretty awesome youth.  I was truly blessed by 5 days in Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment