Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, January 30, 2014

Life's Little Blessings

Days continue to pass by quickly here, as each one is filled to the brim with diverse activities.  I just want to share a few praises with you.
1. There is a new Anglican priest in town.  He wants me to do a week long training at the end of February for at least 2 teachers from every parish that he oversees.  That means over 100 teachers, to be mentored on how to lead children.  I'm excited about this huge project and delighted to be working with yet another passionate man of God.
2. Last week I spent 4 days in Kampala, waiting for new, but delayed team-mates to arrive.  Being in Kampala is not my favourite thing, but it did give me a chance to catch up with a few good friends, to eat out in some more western style restaurants, and to watch "The Hobbit (2)" and "Epic".  Both of the movies were fun because I watched them with friends who had never been to a theatre before.  What a treat!!
3. Yesterday I overheard the neighbour kids playing in my living room.  I was doing dishes, when I heard the 8 year old boy say to the 3 year old girl: "Hey, no bad manners in here.  We don't even think of abusing... this is a house of God!"  I couldn't stop smiling.  Yes, a house of God.
4. TWAM (Tools with a Mission) have finally arrived.  It's been over a year since I've been assisting the Catholic youth director in getting these items to Soroti.  Now we dream of having a youth centre where youth can learn tailoring, crafts, mechanics, carpentry, plumbing, and more.  It's a big dream, but at least we now have tools to start with.



5. This month I have been blessed with tons of Christmas cards in the mail.  I can't even begin to describe how real snail mail totally makes my day! 
6. 74 youth just went through a 12 lesson course on "True Love".  On Sunday we had a closing program and already there are testimonies of how girls have been able to keep themselves from harm.  God is good.  I pray these young teens will remain patient and wait for God's perfect spouse.
7. Lastly, I just want to say that it's been exciting to be walking in power.  When I asked one 12 year old girl what it means to be walking in power, she said, "Oh, Auntie, that's easy... it means to be walking with Christ.  If you walk with Him, everything will be okay."  And somehow I think that's true.  If I stay connected to the Vine, everything turns out better.  Big problems seem small, joy abounds, and love grows.  I can't wait to see how much more I will learn about "Walking in Power" for 2014.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment