Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, December 16, 2013

A Pink File is Missing

6:32 pm - the phone rings... It's the director of the NGO (Non-Government Organization) that I am serving under, here in Uganda.  I have been in the process of getting my work permit renewed since August, and just now, he calls to tell me that my file is MIA at Immigration. 
Last week I had strep throat, now I have a cold and I'm so tired.  I just spent the day seriously working out in the village, and the last thing I wanted to hear was the my work permit request is missing.  I wish I could describe the room where my file could possibly be - but I won't do it justice - just millions of pink manila files - with no chronological or alphabetical order.  The director the NGO has been searching for my file, but has now requested that I come to Kampala and physically find it myself.  Honestly, that's the last thing I want to do right now amidst kids camps, pig sty building, and Christmas plans. 
7:00 pm - I am in tears.  Frustrated.  Bitter.  Confused.  And brainstorming about what my future could look like.  Can I get another 3 month special pass?  Will the file be found, or do I start all over with the work permit application?  Do I back my bags for a brief trip out of Uganda again, because on the 24th of December I will once again be without any kind of visa in my passport.
7:30 pm - I am sitting in my neighbour's sitting room, and they begin to offer words of encouragement.  They even call a prayer warrior in Kampala.  The phone was handed to me as I heard this lady cry out to God for my paperwork.  Now I had tears of awe... God is doing something here.  I've never been prayed over in such a heartfelt manner before.
8-8:30 pm - Texts come in from friends in Soroti.  They are praying, and going to God with this battle.  "The battle is not yours, its the Lord's.  So be still my dear favourite mzungu sister.  God will make a way... right?!  I'll keep on my knees." And then: "He knows ur name.  Remember u r a princess of Jesus.  No weapon formed against you prospers.  It will work out just fine.  Just imagine Jesus is close by and He is.  Everything will work out."  Then a text from Kampala - a dear friend is going to immigration tomorrow to spend the day physically looking for my file.  Hallelujah!!  A final text came: "Yield to Him.  When we r weak, someone said that He's so much more.  Help is on the way.  Be strong and of good courage.  Let (allow) the peace of God in Christ to consume u."
Sometimes I hate technology, but I already know that people around the world are praying.  Now it's 9:30 at night and I'm no longer teary eyed.  I'm hopeful.  Hopeful and excited... to see how God is going to work this whole situation out.

No comments:

Post a Comment