Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, September 16, 2013

"I Belong to Jesus" - Kids Camp

For three full days, 130 kids flocked to the church and participated in Kids Camp.  It was a great way to finish off another term break.
 Games were played
 I don't have a picture of it... but I led both musical chairs and tug of war... these kids are serious in their games.  The Tug of War was the best - especially since the girls were super strong.  The boys were furious when I grabbed the rope, since I equal 3 men they say.
 Valuable lessons learned after the games.
 I was also in charge of registration - everyone had to wear a name tag - with a specific colour and letter - according to their age and Bible study group.
  Every morning I led the time of Bible study - the story of Pentecost, the Parable of the Prodigal Son, and David and Jonathan were the ones that fit this year's theme of "I Belong to Jesus"
 On the last day, the kids had a long "Amazing Race" around town - filling out puzzles and memorizing Scripture as they made their way to heaven.  Part way up the rock into heaven they were greeted by Captain Salvation.
 In heaven - neither shall you hunger, nor shall you thirst... the kids found juice and biscuits waiting for them.
 I was acting the role of Jesus and this year I had two angels assisting me in heaven
The kids enjoyed the mountain top experience before heading back to church for closing ceremonies.
Once again, I made great friends and I loved working with even more churches and individuals to pull off a successful camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment