Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, August 3, 2013

Flexible Parenthood

It has been a long, but enjoyable week for me.  Last Sunday I became a mother to 3 missionary kids and their Ugandan teen.  The parents were with the youngest sibling, as he was medically air - jet evacuated to Kenya last Friday.  Thankfully insurance pulled through and that Trayton was able to fly to Nairobi for good medical care.  That left the others behind, and as a team we want to look after one another.  I knew it would just be easiest for me to move in to their home and move on with life.
In the mornings I wake up early to make sure the teen is off to school, with his uniform on.  Then I would rush to a nursery and primary school, often with the kids in tow, where I am guiding at least 4 teachers on how to share God's Word at the tri-weekly assemblies.  From there it was home to make breakfast and then begin homeschooling these precious children.
Afternoons were filled with all sorts of activities - games, trips to the outdoor markets for food and new shorts, disciplining the dog who decided that this week would be a good time to start chewing shoes, laps and fun at the pool, visiting a friend with a baby, and checking in on my house... as I'm dealing with a few rats.  One day, the kids were able to go and play at a friend's house, so I took a few hours and went to the salon.




I choose purple a few weeks ago, when I went to visit a friend three hours away... who knew the colour would be a perfect match for the choir uniform I have to wear tomorrow.  I am excited to be singing and dancing with about 40 youth from Soroti.... by the way - a youth is anyone who is still single.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment