Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, July 26, 2013

Flying High

For the past three weeks I have been waking up early and heading over to Precious Children Primary and Nursery Schools to guide a few teachers on how to share the Word of God.  We met a few times before we even started setting up assemblies on a regular basis.  We went through a bunch of Bible study materials and I brought over a whole box of FLANNEL GRAPH pictures.  I taught the first week, and now the teachers are taking over.  It is a blessing to see four teachers work hard at reading, understanding, telling, and applying the stories... starting from the very beginning.
Yesterday morning, one of the teachers stopped me on my way out the school gate.  With tears in her eyes, she thanked me for coming all the way from Canada to share with her.  She said my coming to Uganda was no small task, and that she is unbelievably grateful that I am helping her to teach the children.  For a while now she has felt that God wanted her to share His Holy Word, but she didn't know how or where or when... and now, three times a week she can share it with the kids she works with everyday.  God is good!
I was so encouraged to hear this testimony.
Then, when I got home I received a call that if I came over to the flying school I could go up with one of the students who was doing a few practice circuits.  Absolutely YES!!  I never biked so hard to make sure I could see Soroti from above.  I'm so glad that Joseph took it upon his heart to share his learning journey with me!
Soroti Airport
I made it!!  Above Soroti - my town!!


God's Glory


Soroti town and rock



Joseph, my friend and student pilot


Mom and Dad will need to come up with another birthday gift.
Sorry Dad, I didn't see the validation dates.  :)


Village homesteads


Teso land


Soroti Town


Can you find Arapai market?  A huge Thursday market!


Farmland



Arapai again... it's huge

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! Really enjoyed the above view pictures of Soroti. Shared the link with my family so they could see.

    ReplyDelete