Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, May 13, 2013

A Look into Last Week

Last week was beyond busy for me... but I wanted to share with you a few glimpses of what I was up to throughout the week. 
 Kids camp
 For one month, I am walking alongside Rockview Baptist as they host a camp on Tuesdays and Saturdays - for children and youth during their school break.
 The afternoon is full of games, stories, songs, and a Bible lesson.
 The kids are earning points for learning their memory verses, doing their Bible study homework, coming on time, bringing a friend, etc.
 A new game of bowling was introduced.  :)
 Here I am showing them how to fill out their Bible study material.
 Last week I also had two trainings.  Here I am with an NGO, training them on the Book of Hope - an international Bible story curriculum for kids.  This went from being a 5 hour training to an 11 hour day - but lots was discussed and I'm excited to see more people equipped to teach children.
I also spent two days in the village of Kaberimaido, training church leaders in Evangelism and children's ministry.  Both of these trainings were done with Ugandans who are so passionate about children and orphans.  I am so happy to be walking alongside God's church here in Soroti.
 Last night was Victor's 8th birthday.  Victor is my next door neighbour.  I dressed up in my new dress just to make the evening special... so the rest of the family decided to dress up as well.
 Vanessa and Victor - near and dear to my heart!
 I wish you could have seen Victor jump when the candle first got lit. :)
 Delighted with his new toys, he already hopes his baby brothers won't wreck or steal them.
Hanging out in the sitting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment