Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Time Flies

Just last week, I was home in Soroti - living and serving a normal life, but then I heard that my sweet neighbour boy, Victor, was in the clinic receiving treatment for Malaria.  I made sure that I went to spend the morning with him - entertaining him while he waited for his drip (IV) to finish.
Leaving the clinic, I raced over to have lunch with Jesca... she was one of the girls in my Princess Bible study from 2009.  Lately we have been reconnecting through various youth and children's programs.  She is a very sweet young lady, who is now a teacher and also works with some Compassion International children.  It has been so cool to see her heart for God blossom over the years.  Jesca was surprised that I would accept a lunch over to her humble home, but I was even more shocked when she handed me a Christmas present as I was departing her home.  When I got back to my house, I opened the box to find a comb, a LOVE bracelet, a notebook, a green necklace and a neon green headband with white polka dots.  :)  Too precious.

After that, I received two phone calls that changed my week.  First... would I want to go camping in Mbale for the weekend.  Yes!!  Two days getaway would be great.  A time to relax and pray.  And then the second phone call was about baby Joy... and would I be free to take this baby and her family to Kampala to get her tumorous eye examined by the city doctors.  Absolutely.  I didn't have to rearrange much on my schedule to take off down country.... see the next blog post for details.
Foot washing ceremony after hiking... thanks Avalien and Zulea!
Sisiyi Falls
Camping in the Garden of Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment