Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Returning to Soroti

A week ago already, I was in Mbarara, in south-western  Uganda, spending time with my Sikh friends and encouraging baby Joy and family in the hospital.  I wanted to share a few more shots of my time there before telling you of my time back here in Soroti.
 Here I am with Jasi, Armaan, and Noor... and LakeView Resort Hotel... a little getaway
 The ducks were beautiful
 Sam, Esther, and Joy were ready to leave Ruharo Eye Centre
 I know it was God's plan for Joy to receive treatment from this amazing place!  Friday morning we were discharged and quickly found our way to the bus station so that we could begin the journey to Kampala.
 In Kampala, another awesome friend picked us up, organized a guest house for us to sleep in, and invited us over for dinner.  It was extra special for me because I got to meet his two week old daughters.  (I'm meeting lots of twins now days - kind of cool!!)
Then, arriving home, life is anything but normal.  My electricity had wrongfully been cut off for 5 days, so my kitchen smelled like dead rat.  It took three days to get the power back and the fridge completely cleaned out.  I am babysitting kittens who just opened their eyes two days before they were given to me... so for four days I am feeding them milk from a syringe.  I have been catching up with friends in town and organizing a music night for tonight.  A few nights ago I was invited to eat supper with my Hindu friends in town.   The food was yummy and the conversation was insightful and pleasant.  The gods are very important to my friends, but it makes me so grateful that I serve and know the One True God. 
Wow, this is kind of a random post, but I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment