Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Olumai EE

Last week Thursday and Friday, I was out in the village of Olumai to lead another Evangelism Explosion training.  Pulling into the church yard, women ran from many directions, waving flags of simple cloth tied to sticks and trilling loudly.  I could barely climb out of the car as the ladies covered my head with the flags and hugged me tightly... leading me into the church where I was brought to a decorated chair at the front.  Tea was taken as we waited for villagers to come for the training.
Don't know why it's sideways -
Parked at the church
While waiting for people, a few of us took a 2 km hike to a rock where there was a great view of the surrounding area.  Beside the rock there were a bunch of young people where were busting up rocks, quarrying, to help build a local road. 
 The training began well... I love teaching the Evangelism course... people get excited about seeing the Gospel so clearly explained.  And this time the church was packed with both adults and kids.  I was shocked that the kids were a part of the whole training, and yet that is my heart's desire - to see the kids Know and Share Christ! 
Praying over needs at the end of Day 1
 As the sun was setting, we drove to a home just a short distance away, where I would spend the night hanging out with kids and sleeping in a mud hut. 
The kids were delighted to have a mzungu around!
 For the first time ever I saw a part of the charcoal making process.  Huge logs are smoked under mounds of dirt, so blacken the wood without burning it.  A lot of work!
 In the area, there were tons of plants that grew this red fruits.  I have yet to get a name for this edible fruit.  They are hard to break open, kind of stink when you smell them, but taste great... a big mix of bitter sweet.
 I told a few kids to bring me some of the fruit for day two, well, during my teaching times, kids would quietly walk up to me and hand me another piece of fruit.  With a smile on my face I would continue teaching as I placed the fruit in a plastic bag.  At the end of the day I went home with a huge bag of fruit.  :)  The adults were completely understanding. 
 Overall, it was a great getaway.  I didn't sleep well, because it was freezing cold (if anyone knows my crazy definition of freezing), but the people were friendly, receptive, and now they are excited to share the Gospel as they host a crusade next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment