Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, December 28, 2012

MY Supermarket

One of my favourite places in town is MY Supermarket.  It has been there for three years now... and I'm the one who named to the new store.  (See this old post)
A few weeks ago, I walked in to get a few groceries when I saw this decent looking Christmas tree.  Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas decor (I think I get that from my Dad), but knowing that many children play in my house and that I was hosting a Christmas party, I had to get a tree. 
I started discussing with the young men of the shop how much the tree was.  We came to a reasonable price, but moments later the store owner walked in and saw us talking about the tree.  He asked the boys how much they were selling the tree for.  After they gave the answer, he said "Reduce!  Reduce!  This girl has named MY shop!"  They all chucked and lowered the price yet again.
Moments later, I went to pay for the tree and a few groceries.  The cashier had overheard the whole conversation, and he said "Okay, if the boss wants us to reduce, then I am taking money off of your groceries too."  I just smiled as he lowered the bill and threw in a lollipop.
When I came back two hours later to get my tree, they gave it to me fully loaded - with balloons, suckers, lights and decorations hanging from the green and white branches.  I was truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment