Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mbale Madness

After three days of staying in bed - due to stomach issues, I finally had enough doses of antibiotics in me to start working on my system, and strength in my body to drive 2 hours to Mbale to get a much needed visa extension.  Let's just say, I am glad I brought some trusted Ugandan friends with me who could keep me calm.  I really can't write about the process here, but how can a Ugandan immigration office not own a receipt book?!  They want my $50 for the extension, but can't give me a receipt.... the guy had my passport in his briefcase and was going to call the cops, and put me on a bus to Kampala... which would have made matters worse... but in the end I got my passport back and stamped for another three months.  Next time I'm heading for a border.
I was fired up about feeding a system of corruption, and I needed to cool down... so it's a good thing that the hotel in Mbale had a delightful pool to swim in. 
I completely cooled off and had a relaxing afternoon. 
 So glad I could share my time with one of my best friends - Helen, and her adorable son, Memphis.  It was fun introducing him to a pool for the first time.
And teaching my friend Lawrence how to swim was hilarious.  I think adults are more fearful... but you should have seen his white shiny teeth when he tried kicking really hard.  He was having a blast learning something new!
All in all a good day, and the Lord kept us safe on four hours of BUMPY roads!  I even appreciated the depth of our conversations on the homeward journey, as we each shared are personal walk with God and how we like to see our faith lived out.  I was truly encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment