Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Real Salvation

I wanted to share one other glimpse into my conversation with Winnie.  Last Christmas Pastor George and Winnie were blessed with a trip to the UK (where their sponsors are for the primary school that they run) and their eyes were opened to the ways of the west.  The food, escalators, pets, movie theatres, day trips to the beach, etc.  Winnie realized that even though we make more money, the things we buy are also very costly and that some of us can honestly struggle to pay the bills.  At the same time we have so much. 

Winnie then went on to say, "Karen, I can't believe you actually want to come to Africa.  You gave up so much to come to our hot, dry, dusty place.  That means you are really saved."  Woah, 'really saved'?  I mentioned that salvation is easy really - if you believe that Christ died for your sins and you ask for his forgiveness, then you are saved.  "O ya, you're right", said Winnie.  "That means you are really called to love us then!"  I wasn't truly sure what to say.  All I know is that I am glad to be called to Africa.  It feels like home and I don't really feel like I have given up that much to come and relate to my Ugandan friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment