Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Bible for Sam

Sam is a university student studying botany and agriculture.  He is a hard-working young man who also happens to be the brother of my next door neighbour.  I have shared meals with my neighbours under the shade of their big mango trees while power was out and there's nothing to do but sit around and talk.  I cherish those times of really getting to know the people who live on the other side of my fence. 
One day, Sam and I were talking about church and school.  He said he likes going to church, but he can rarely go because his studies become all consuming.  He mentioned that the best thing that would help him would be a Bible.  Well, I took that to heart and prayed about it.  I really felt like I was supposed to give Sam a copy of God's Word. 
A few days ago, there were rumours that the neighbours were going to move because of a rental increase from their landlords.  They were even speaking of shifting the next day, so I was again prompted to follow up on that gift of a Bible.  I went to my room, grabbed a Bible, wrote a few notes of encouragement in the front cover and then delivered it to Sam.  With shock and joy in his eyes, he took this precious gift.  He said, "I'm not sure how to really say thank you!"  I told him the only way to really say thanks is to read the Book!
Sam just finished telling me that he reads the Bible every night and that it makes him feel good.  He feels closer to God.  It is my prayer that he also understands the salvation message of Christ and will follow God's instructions for holy living.  I'm just glad I gave him the Word I take for granted far too often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment